Since its launch, the project has adopted buyback and burn as a deflationary mechanism to increase the $ZONX long-term value. This is because the burn is also a method of fee distribution, only it is more efficient at increasing token price. Burn directly lowers available supply which increases the value of the remaining tokens. Instead of giving out protocol earnings as yields that users can and often dump on the market, these earnings are embedded into the token price itself through burn, which discourages selling because users would have to sell part of their principal. This is a more effective way of both rewarding long-term holders, and creating them.
The portion of the platform's revenue used for buyback and burn are:
- 1.20% of the METAZONX NFT sales proceeds will be used for reserve & charity funds
- 2.50% of the revenue from METAZONX Marketplace is used for reserve & charity funds of $ZONX
- 3.5% (out of 10%) of all $ZONX liquidity pool fees are used for reserve & charity funds of $ZONX
- 4.50% of the revenue from METABANK is used for buyback and burn of $ZONX
- 5.50% of the revenue from META ENTERTAINMENT is used for buyback and burn of $ZONX